View Single Post
Unread Jul 20th, 2007, 05:10 am
Sue

susan53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Need Some Ideas Please - Lesson Plan

Wow - 30 already. So that's how you get students to study English - offer them alcohol ...

For the quiz - if you type in "wine quiz" to Google, lots come up, but they tend to include a lot of technical vocab. This one, however, is more basic and might give you some ideas : http://www.wineeducation.com/quiz/quizb/quizb.html

Other ideas :
- If you have a computer in the room, what about using a Youtube video? Type wine tastinginto the search box and lots come up

-If you want to get students talking more (before or after they start drinking, whichever you think would result in most fluency ) how about dividing them into groups and giving each group info on the wines of one country (several short texts so they each have something to read) plus a questionnaire which between them they have to compile. Each group then presents its results to the others.

-Are they liable to be wine drinkers already? If so I'd start the evening by getting them to tell each other about what wines the have drunk /usually drink/are their favourites etc. And /or an anecdote telling activity : What was the best (or worst) wine they've ever drunk? Where were they? Who with? What was the occasion?

Sounds fun anyway. Started me thinking how I could adapt it to my own students - a tasing focusing on wines from English speaking countries which likely to be less familiar with, perhaps. It's a thought for the autumn.