View Single Post
Unread Sep 12th, 2007, 11:42 pm
eslHQ Member

dennisinhk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: British versus American

firstly, let's just look at your English(sorry.. American!)
you say you are a teacher in Poland...
I dont think I would like to be or have my children in your class. look at your posting here
1. I did however found that most of the... (find that)
2. Starting to be more used with (used more with)
3. most important of all BUSINESS who leads that field Americans (?? this must be American grammar, is it?)
4. reeducate the once that are still stuck (re-educate the ones that...)
5. We need to make sure that all are differences are good and that learning but is even better more power for the students and not critics each others English. (again American grammar??)
6. the poor soul that goes to American and asks to purchase.. (American or America??)

Sorry to have to point out these irregularities, but if you are a teacher and teaching like this I wouldn't be shouting about which one you have to teach. The thing is, the initial post is not about the teachers method, but what the individual school in question reguires. If you take a job that requires you to teach British English then there is no argument in your favour. The only thing you can do is either accept it, or find another job that does not require teaching grammar or spelling. I think you have a poor argument here.