View Single Post
Unread Oct 13th, 2007, 05:30 am
eslHQ Member

walrus1965 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What music do you like?

Quote:
Quote susan53 View Post
Me too. Favourites : Deep Purple, Cream and Clapton, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell, Phil Collins.

What I find odd though is how much my son and I like the same stuff. He likes Deep Purple, I can appreciate Green Day and James Blunt. (I draw the line at rap, but then he doesn't like Mitchell or Collins). When I was a teenager, my and my parents taste in music was light years apart. Sinatra and Glenn Miller - no way. (I did come to like Glenn Miller later, but have never found Sinatra more than bearable). Music was identity and we didn't want the same identity as our parents. Now it seems to be different, and I can never decide if that is good or bad. What do others think?
I think its good. It gives us a link to young people there for we have something in common. I do agree with your comment as our classic rock station here has just as many young listeners as older ones. The modern rock station is the same as well. I think rock caters for a wider age group. Maybe rap will do that in 30 years time.