View Single Post
Unread Oct 29th, 2007, 08:01 pm
I like it hot!

Denis DNT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A rumour from Korea!

I taught at a Korean school in Beijing and we had to fill a form, I remember there were one or two questions about one having been arrested or convicted in the past, but I don't think that was serious enough because we were already hired and several months old teaching there. In addition, like Eric said, there was no follow up after that, some teachers especially the part timers didn't even hand in their forms.

I think what is more disturbing is the ease with which such bad background records can be covered here. You know, the desperate rush for teachers, business oriented 'mushroom' schools out for money and not for education, the availability and cheapness of fake certificates, passports and visas in the black market, corrupt security, etc. So to me I think getting teachers to fill forms and undergo interrogations are very insignificant efforts to curb the inflow of criminals. And I tell you the bad guys are usually the smartest ones. You know what I am saying, You won't catch them through forms filling and interrogations. Criminals have the best documents because they know that's what is always checked. There are other areas to be touched. Business oriented 'mushroom' schools is one of those areas I think should be targeted too. They would embrace the same teachers the government is trying to put on the black list.
How about a black list for schools too?