View Single Post
Unread Dec 14th, 2007, 11:42 am
eslHQ Zealot

kisito is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Christmas Games and Activities?

Hi,
There are lots of Christmas activities and ideas here :ESL festivals Worksheets for teachers, Christmas, Halloween
and ESL Holiday and Festival Worksheets , Halloween, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day
I used them with a number of teachers in our school and things went well in teaching all the language of Christmas. There are activities and resources to try in your classroom. Tomorrow we will be doing a number of Christmas songs and activities with the parents for Christmas. Some of the songs that we have so far practised are "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree", "War is Over" , "Jingle Bells" " Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer".
One way to teach the songs is to google for the lyrics and mp3 files. Then blank out some words from the sheets. Let them listen to the song and feel in the missing words. Then later play a game where you sing the first half of a song and the students sing the next. If they hesitate they loose points. That is how I got my students to sing the songs so well without the lyrics.
The students singing "Rudolph" have made anthlers which they will wear and sing. They have also practised a number of actions to go with the songs. I have seen these types of Christmas activities work several times- They may work for you.