| | Re: Getting To Know You
1. If you could teach ESL anywhere in the world, where would it be? Somewhere warm, chilled out, full of smart, enthusiastic students and high wages for a 3 day week! But in reality I like teaching in Canada as there is a diverse range of nationalities in ESL classes. At the moment though I have an acute interest in Bhutan - has anyone been?
2. What's your favorite drink between classes? Water.
3. Funniest/Worst ESL classroom moment? Having to explain to a student who was going to England on holiday that the expression "I fell on my fanny" (which she'd heard in a movie, liked and repeated a lot) would have an entirely different meaning there!! Worst day was the very first, with no previous experience, a large class of complete beginners and no knowledge of the native language.
4. How do you usually spend your day(s) off? Days off - what's that?? There are never days off when you have a 4 year old!! Any time off work consists of play-dates, crafts, kindergarten phonics, swimming.......... Before maturity (!), in Mexico, it'd be tortas ahogadas, coronas and sleeping.
5. If Hollywood were making a movie about you, who would play you? Minnie Driver. Sarcastic and down-to-earth.