View Single Post
Unread Apr 15th, 2008, 01:01 pm
More than a profession

Dedicated-Teacher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Find Your Customer- Food + Containers + Polite request

Quote:
Quote u2124707 View Post
Thanks for th great job

What I understood, that some students will be the waitress. The waitress should carry the menu but what about the picture cards
how I am going to use them with the class can you clarify me this point in details??

please ansewr me ASAP

Hi u2124707,

I depended on the idea that waiter serves food. That's why I gave them the food to serve it to their customers. Let me admit that I misused the word. It suppose to be orders instead of menus.

You can imagine the situation as customers having their own copy of their orders. And the waiters have lost theirs and now they have to ask each customer if she/he would like the food they carry.

This isn't an authintic situation, but it has an artifitial need for each student to use the language being taught to them; and it is suitable for the limited time I have.

-----------------------------

If you would like to make it more authentic:

1- Have a basket full of food and drinks cards. [Dublicate cards to match the number of students ]

2- Create a menu that has a list of all the food and drinks you have in the basket.

3- Now waiters hand menus to the customers.

4- Customers choose their food.

5- The waiters write down the order.

6- The waitress go to the basket to get the respective cards and go back to serve it.

------------------
DT