Thread: celta interview
View Single Post
Unread Jun 11th, 2008, 04:32 pm
eslHQ Member

Niamaat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: celta interview

Know her application very well and be very clear on her reasons for answering as she did on her app.

The interview consists of a review of your application by the interviewer.
The interviewer asking questions to clarify, expound upon or correct what the interviewee wrote on her application and/or written tasks.
There may be additional detailed information offered by the interviewer to the interviewee regarding the program.

I had a telephone interview in late 2007 (maybe November). I had an in-person interview in April 2008.

At the moment I am busy: (1) reading one of the recommended texts, (How to Teach English), (2) listening to TESL/esl podcasts, (3) reading blogs, and (4) collecting and organizing resources so they'll be handy for me during and after my CELTA course in July 2008.

Of course I'm also getting real familiar with Moodle and writing lesson plans and syllabi and stuff.

Best wishes to your friend on her interview.

Another tip: If the interview is indeed by telephone (landline preferred) make sure that she is located alone in a very quiet place with no distractions.

Can you imagine my panic and dismay using skype in the lobby of the main San Francisco public library which quickly became a construction site sounding board.

Worse than that...