Thread: Celta course
View Single Post
Unread Jul 24th, 2008, 10:39 am
eslHQ Member

rabble is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Celta course

Yucatan

To be totally honest, I think I would be a terrible student with Celta. This would probably fit in with Europeans or the like but not with the Chinese. I have taught Brazlians in China, so easy to teach, active,study and so on. The Chinese (god bless them) but you have to goad them into talking, entertain them.
I have observed teachers with their Celta under their arms the ink barely dry, go into a class and bomb. They have observed me in the same class and told me what I should do.
This was their first time to teach. Nice people she was previously a lap top dancer and had braces on the inside of her teeth that gave her a sort of a lisp. He was a darling but they returned to their hometown where they could make better money if she kept laptop dancing.
Cut to the chase. Who got the students to talk more.
My point being, as an oral English teacher my objective is to get the students to speak.
I am not saying this, to say I am a great teacher but just to point out the different situations and would doing the Celta really enhance my teaching.
Several years ago I attended a seminar,an Interchange trainer , I didn't learn anything more than I was actually doing.
I do have my little English teaching "bible"which I refer tto time to time to get me back on track. I overestimate the language abilities of my students