View Single Post
Unread May 7th, 2006, 05:21 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Using photocopied materials in the classroom?

Quote:
Quote openmind
In my line of work most trainers work 8 to 9 hours with one group per day, often 5 days a week. What many trainers do is use lots of photocopied materials, for example explanations and exercises of the Murphy Grammar books. I used to follow the same practice but at some point I became fed up with constantly violating copyright rules and promoting other authors and publishing companies. I also had a contract with an outplacement training provider which made me create all my materials myself and give them the copy right. Since then I have been concentrating on creating and marketing our own materials.
Does it take you a long time to design your own materials now compared to photocoping before? I think that it's very hard to find the right teaching book for me so I have resulted to using as many books as possible.

I like to stress that the only part that I photocopy daily is the homework that I give to the children. I have about 550 children a week and half of those are twice a week while the others are only once so that makes around 825 students that I have to give homework to. It's a lot of work but I can't see any other way to give them homework, especially when they are so young and only learning English now.