View Single Post
Unread Jan 27th, 2009, 04:43 pm
Insegnante di Inglese

LaMaestraKate is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Explaining game instructions without using the native language (HELP!)

Wow! Thanks for all the help! What an awesome resource this website has turned out to be. I went ahead and taught Duck Duck Goose in a play by play fashion. We went through it a few times and because half of the class understood and half of the class didn't, I ended up having to pull kids apart because they were arguing and trying to tear eachother to pieces. I'd really LIKE to try and explain the rules in Italian really fast so they understand, but A: My Italian isn't quite good enough and B: Its not how 'they' want me to teach English. They want COMPLETE emersion. So I had to take it back a few steps and teach them verbs like Run, Walk, Jump, Stop, Go ect... and then try again. It took some doing, but now we play Red Light Green Light, 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Duck Duck Goose, and Sharks 'n' Minnows without problems. Now I just have to avoid getting in trouble with the teachers for being too loud and having too much fun! If anyone wants neat ideas for games or songs, let me know!