View Single Post
Unread Jul 22nd, 2009, 03:15 am
eslHQ Member

PeachBlossom is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Your strategies for large classes

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site...(still don't know how to create my own message..). Thanks to you all for the good advice on how to teach large classes. I probably need your help too...I have a college class of 30 students in their twenties. I once gave them a game which worked really well with all other classes (The "Olympics" competition to teach comparatives/superlatives), but didn't work at all with them...I gave them board games, with just a little more success...We spend 3 hours together each time (once a week), so I have to find at least 1 activity to help them relax before we get back to the lesson (if possible, with some educational value; otherwise, just seeing them liven up would make my day...). One more thing about this class: the room is very small, so no possibility to do activity where students can stand up and move in the class....Please tell me how I could make it livelier (any games you can think of, that I could give them, without having to ask them to stand up...?). Thanks a lot in advance for your help!! (Just tried this morning -with another class, and in a big room...- the game "There is a.../ there are some...", and making a new country, ...worked really well!!! Thanks a lot!!!)

Last edited by PeachBlossom : Jul 22nd, 2009 at 03:18 am. Reason: Please help liven up large indolent class