View Single Post
Unread Apr 11th, 2010, 11:32 pm
eslHQ Member

Ebag Xor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 140+ young adult student activities

Yeah, the school is REALLY cheap. I'm very unhappy with them. They moved me from a room with media this semester and doubled the class size. My complaints aren't really understood (or maybe ignored) since I don't speak chinese well (I'm about as good as my average student is at English). I don't really have much help. I think assessing all those students would be a nightmare (though I'm expected to assess their oral english at the end of the term-suggestions for that would be welcome also).

Finding strong students isn't a problem though, since they sit at the front and eagerly participate in every activity, even engage me in conversation. Unfortunately, I have other classes with younger students running almost up until the start of these classes, and it would be difficult to meet with the students before class. The course is 2 back-to-back periods of 40 minutes once a week. It is hardly enough time to actually do anything.

If I meet with the stronger students what should I do? assign them a bunch of students and give them group activities? I might have difficulty explaining precise instructions.