View Single Post
Unread Jun 21st, 2006, 07:25 pm
eslHQ Zealot

jenniferp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting To Know You

1. If you could teach ESL anywhere in the world, where would it be? I'd like to try Italy, but thats more for the lifestyle and food & drink I could have. I'd also have to say Australia, as I'm trying to get my work visa!

2. What's your favorite drink between classes?
At my school I got addicted to the 100won coffee from the automatic machine.

3. Funniest/Worst ESL classroom moment?
In my 6 year olds class I had a very smart boy, who was also a bit cheeky and not afraid of English.
We had reached the short i sounds in their phonics books and I was trying to get them to identify some of the pictures when we got to "wig". Not being an everyday word for them they were stuck for an answer until this boy piped up with "supermarket hair".
I have to admit I cant think of a better description for a wig, this cracked me up for ages and it really made me appreciate thinking round a problem - he didn't know the word so he used the English he did know to explain the meaning to me.

4. How do you usually spend your day(s) off? I love photography so I like to take advantage of being in a different culture to photograph as much as possible. Otherwise I can spend all day on the internet or at the movies....

5. If Hollywood were making a movie about you, who would play you? I'm always being told I look like Miranda from Sex and the City, but I'd love someone sassy like Scarlet Johannson to play me...!