View Single Post
Unread Jul 12th, 2006, 01:09 am
eslHQ Member

mystery813 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting To Know You

1. If you could teach ESL anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Im still loving Japan and i dont have any desire to move, but a good job in Brazil would be pretty darn interesting

2. What's your favorite drink between classes?

Its summer in Japan, so water. Anything else is going to leave you dehydrated after sweating it out with 30-40 smelly adolescents for 50 minutes.... can anyone explain why Japanese classrooms dont have airconditioning?

3. Funniest/Worst ESL classroom moment?

Probably back in the day when i taught for a private esl company (ugh) and i was doing an ordering in a cafe lesson with 3 young girls. No problem or so you would think. One of them decided they wanted a COKE.... which in Japanese is pronounced like C*CK. So im trying not to laugh as a very sweet and innocent 15yo Japanese school girl asks `Id like a c*ck please`, when the other student, an equally sweet and innocent schoolgirl pipes up with `would you like a big or a small one`

It took every fibre of my being not to laugh at that one. There was no way i was going to explain it to them...

4. How do you usually spend your day(s) off?

On saturday morning i clean, as some sort of pennance for the night before, then i go and hang out with mates, and try and do something interesting.

5. If Hollywood were making a movie about you, who would play you?

If hollywood made a movie about me, i would be questioning why such a boring script got approved for production. However if somebody had to do it then it would probably be Jason Biggs.