View Single Post
Unread Nov 11th, 2010, 05:09 pm
eslHQ Member

sanjajerem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: first time teaching almost 3 year olds

I didn't have the other class because the children got chickenpox.
With this small ones I had lots of songs I used dream English songs for hello, goodbye, some tpr and old mac. It is the English speaking kindergarten so they knew lots of animals and sounds already. I have 4 children, one is very shy and she didn't really participate. One girl is knew and does not know the language but she was happy to participate. I remembered about clowning around and it worked! I think next time I will do some more animals and the book because they are familiar with most of the animals.
I am thinking about doing Little Red Riding Hood next and covering some wood animals and wood vocab and then I could move on to food for example or body parts.
Yes, we did some colours and numbers through songs and some sorting activity at the begining of the class.
We did those two games that you suggested with animal sounds,it was great we mimed the animals as well. I only had trouble with them trying to take and keep the cards all the time. I will have to find the way of keeping those out of reach in the future.
Wow this post is a bit chaotic but I think you will get the gist. Thanks for taking interest in my classes