View Single Post
Unread Apr 10th, 2005, 10:25 pm
eslHQ Member

tjg_marantz is on a distinguished road

Well this is my wife's dream(teaching in Asia) and I am all too happy to come along and find myself some work. I would be perfectly happy doing privates if they are legal if I claim them. We are not looking to get rich but also not looking to dig ourselves into a whole, hehe. From what I understand, Japan is more expensive in the short term but the money making possibilities in the long run are more lucratice than Korea. Of course, I am sure a lot of people can make cases for both, hehe.

My wife is more affected to change in her life so that's why I am thinking Japan, less of a shock than Korea. Maybe we are kidding ourselves thinking either is 'easier' than the other but it is a factor, while being foreign, Japan, seems less foreign than Korea(hope that made sense).

We are not party animals so I am not worried about the cost of the night life in Japan, we just don't go out really. So although we will go out, it won't be to do much that is expensive without somekind of reward(seeing temples interests me a lot more than bimbos in bars).

As long as we have enough for the apartment, food, clothing, utilities and some side trips, we are happy. We want to either make a bit of money or come out even, that's pretty much it. Even tough it out the first year or so and than maybe my wife will be able to make more money than she could in Korea. Who knows.

Now I just have to see about bringing our cats. The biggest hurdle I am sure