View Single Post
Unread Aug 29th, 2006, 08:20 pm
eslHQ Enthusiast

Mr. E English is on a distinguished road
Default 101 Ways To Use Your Whiteboard - the challenge

Many of the classrooms I walk into nowadays are pretty high-tech affairs; computer aided learning facilities, DVD players, CD players, computerized projection systems. It’s all a far cry from my early years in teaching when text books were a distant rumour and tape machines the preserve of royalty.

Yet, despite all the technological advances my single favourite item of classroom equipment still has to be the whiteboard – it’s brilliant. Some of them are even on stands and swivel in the middle, giving you two sides to use just like a piece of paper – ingenious!!

Our simple whiteboard can be used for such a great range of purposes – you can write on it (in a multitude of colours!), draw on it, even lean against it if you’re tired! It’s great for presenting new language, setting up controlled speaking practice, setting up freer speaking practice, giving error correction feedback – a whole host of classroom activities at every stage of a lesson.

So, here’s my challenge to you! Can we (the collective eslHQ members) come up with 101 ways of using a whiteboard?

Post your top tips and let’s share some ideas!