View Single Post
Unread Sep 13th, 2006, 09:34 pm
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The new student...

Great post Mr. E!

I totally agree that it looks very sound on paper but in reality you will have to deal with a lot of different levels in the class and trying to get something for everybody's level would be tricky. Not just the level but the time constrants. If you give one students something and then work on other students, that first student could be finished and then you have to deal with the bored student. Of course the answer to that is give more work but you don't want your class to be a homework class!

Having taught in a public elementary school, where the supervisor wants all the teachers to have a couple of different lesson plans for their various level students, but I have never seen any teacher apart from one or two actually do this.

Normally I would teach everybody the same thing (stick to the national circum.) and then if it was a small movie clip from the CD or something similar I would ask some simply questions (for everybody) and then some higher level questions (for the advanced students). It worked out quite well but then again I had huge resources such as books, CD's, games, music etc in the classroom. I would imagine that some private schools wouldn't have that compared to the public owned schools. In that case, the teachers would have to be a lot more inventive then me!