View Single Post
Unread Sep 26th, 2006, 11:29 pm
zashi

zashi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: one-on-one class help me

Hi i just want to share with you some of my experiences after I've read all your sugestions...

Well, I've learned that my two learners like to draw and color, so Mr.E's suggestion is very helpful to me.Last time we study about "Family" I let her draw her own family and I also draw mine, then we talked about it, like What's the name of your mother?,etc.. As well as introducing new vocabularies like brothers, sisters, grandmother etc...Then she gets more excited as she gets to know more words about her family. Then she started to share stories about her brother, like "My brother speak English very good".... Well,this is a good start for my 4 yrs old kid...

And for the 3yrs, I also let her draw her family but this time i helped her...Then I introduced the word Father,Mother,Sister and Brother while pointing at the drawing, until she will be familiarized with it. Then I tried to ask her Who is this? while pointing at the Father for example,then she will answer. But when it comes to brother and sister she is still confused. So I add some drawings like for the sister I make it longer and introduce new word 'long' and put some clip on the hair. And I ask her that she also add something for the her brother and she added a hat in the drawing. And she was giggling about her drawing,and added more and more stuffs on her family and aded a pet too..Then it's time to color, i tried to compose a song while she's coloring I keep on singing mother,fathe,brother,sister over and over with different tunes and she started to dance her head and finally sing with me haha it was fun..Then i helped her color the pet I made it pink not the usual brown or black dog then she was amazed and try to create new colors also,for example the hair of her mother she made it green.And by the way I was the one holding the crayon so she has to ask me correctly first what color she wants to use. And we keep on giggling and giggling while doing this and it was really fun fun fun....

Thankyou soooo much to all of your suggestions it was all very helpful to me...

More Power!!!

Go ESL teachers GO!!!!

-zashi-