View Single Post
Unread Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:18 pm
eslHQ Member

DML is on a distinguished road
Default Degree Requirements

Hello All,

If this has been posted before, please forgive me. I did a quick thread search and didn't find what I was looking for.

Before I ask my question, I want to state that I completely understand the value of a university / college degree.

My husband and I have come into some recent severe financial commitments. We are looking to find a way to cut our living expenses and begin saving money efficiently. We are also getting a bit stir crazy and would like to liven up our lives.

We've currently looked into the possibility of teaching ESL in South Korea. It has been very clear that a 4 year degree is required to obtain the necessary teaching visa. My question is, will a life-experience degree be sufficient to obtain a work visa and job contract?

Neither my husband nor myself have completed university or college. We have both been employed for many years, and have various work experience, including financial advising, training, and police-work.

Would we be SOL if we went with a life-experience degree to try to get into an ESL-South Korea program?

I can't remember ever making such a huge life change, and am very excited at the prospect of working with children, traveling, and immersing ourselves into a new culture.

Thanks for reading!

Denise