View Single Post
Unread Aug 18th, 2011, 09:37 pm
eslHQ Member

carriell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you make enough money in ESL as a career?

Quote:
Quote teachingenglishmadeeasy View Post
Hey everyone,

This is a great thread. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I'll share my story as well.

I work in South Korea. I make a lot more than what I need to survive here, so, I guess you can say that I make more than enough money here. Also, my wife is here so that really does help, double income you know?

Here's the thing: Korea is probably the best place in the East-Asian region to land a job when comparing overall packages. In general, you work less here and make A LOT more money. In general, it is a nice place if you have the ability to adapt to a new culture and a new way of doing things.

There are many bad places in Korea where teachers do not want to work. One would have to do his homework before just taking any job.

I work in a university, so I am definitely in the minority. However, in general, this country is a great place to work in.

P.S. Did I mention that we will be hiring soon at our university? I also know of another place that is hiring that offers a decent package. I work there part-time as well. If any of you are interested, I am happy to help you find a job in one of these two places. If you send me your resume, I can go from there (I am not a recruiter. Just trying to help out some fellow ESL'ers).

Ralph
Hi,
I am considering doing the TESL in Canada then applying to jobs teaching English in Korea and I wondered if you would mind sending me a list of reputable schools or places that need people to teach English?!
Thanks so much -Ceri cw45213@gmail.com