View Single Post
Unread Oct 20th, 2006, 03:58 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Steps to Teaching Abroad?

Quote:
Quote argente
It was good, a good craic, as you say in Eire.I wasn't in charge of the whole lesson, I only had to teach speaking- prepare the lads for their Junior Cert and Leaving Cert. Encourage them to communicate in Spanish, so my lessons were like a bonus, we played a lot of games,so I was very popular, + the fact it was the first time they had a Spanish language assistant and I was female in a all boys' school(most of the teachers were male too).
The pay was not bad, I could survive. I don't remember how much, it was back in 1989-90- but I'm sure it is much better now. Whenever I go back to Eire I find everything pricier- specially if you compare it with Spain. Sorry I can't help you more. How do you like working in Korea? It must be really hard trying to learn the language.
slàn
Haha I have learnt enough Korean to get by now. The annoying thing is that even when I speak Korean they mostly answer in broken English. If I ask the question in Korean then obviously I know the answer in Korean but this never happens, I get the answer in English. Strange.

Glad that you enjoyed Ireland. I'm sure that you were very popular with the boys. I can remember my native French teacher in my secondary school. It was love at first sight