View Single Post
Unread Oct 25th, 2006, 09:18 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Harry Potter in the class?

Quote:
Quote g-cogle
Hi everyone,
I have a private class where the boy wants to read Harry Potter 3 in English (he´s read 1&2). Does anyone have any ideas of how to make this more interesting, with some activities or questions for each chapter or something? I´ve searched on the internet and all the Harry Potter web pages I find that seem to have interesting activities, you have to pay for. Can anyone tell me if there´s one somewhere which might be of some use to me, or any other ideas you may have?
Thanks
Hmm the kid wants to read it with you eventhough he has read the others? Did he read them by himself? What's his English like? I suggest reading a page or two in class and then assign a few more pages as homework. The you can read it yourself and talk about it in the next class where you can discuss certain characters. I think that if you teach only reading in the class then it will be very boring but it's hard to do anything interesting until the student (and you) know more about the book and one of the ways is assigning a certain number of pages as homework. Just an idea