View Single Post
Unread Oct 26th, 2006, 04:06 am
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Using photocopied materials in the classroom?

Good points, Sue. And it's especially nice to hear from an author.

Quote:
Quote susan53
Is the future going to be all free downloads paid for by advertising? It wouldn't surprise me.
This would be wild... Ads showing up in textbooks. Maybe a little product placement... He's drinking a soda turns to He's drinking Pepsi.

A note about the students at my college. They seem to all have enough money to afford the Korean textbooks but when it comes to the English textbooks, that's when the photocopies start to show up. The original price is only about $10 - $12 but they complain about the price. The photocopied versions go for $4. Some have complained that $4 is too much but I'm not buying that seeing that their cellphone was probably $3-400...

At my old language school mothers would moan about the cost of a textbook ($10-$12) that we were going to be getting a whole year out of.

$10 bucks for a 6-12 months in Korea seems like very little money in my opinion. I'm not sure what the solution is because I don't think it's really a matter of money. It might be a matter of accessibility to the books.... I don't know...