View Single Post
Unread Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:44 am
eslHQ Member

kpan217 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Listening Activity for Adults

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for sharing your insights as a student. It's been too long since I've participated in any listening activity like this, so it never occurred how helpful it could be. Some feedback for you: I decided to try it out recently, and was fairly confident that the students would benefit from it, if really afraid that they'd be bored. I think it worked out pretty well though. When it came time to let them practice the dialogues, the more advanced students toyed with te details and the less advanced students focused on the existing dialogue (printed in a book the students already had to buy, so actually you gave me a new way to teach those lessons, which were boring). I like to roam the classroom while they work in groups, and this exercise gave me a great opportunity to pinpoint specific pronunciation/tone/stress issues that I can address later.

So, just wanted to let you know how it went for me. It filled a 2-hour span in a surprisingly meaningful way. How often do you have a listening class like this?