View Single Post
Unread Nov 17th, 2006, 04:48 am
Clive Hawkins

clivehawkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When to say 'no'.

Quote:
Quote livinginkorea
Right now I am working part time about 23 hours a week teaching kids and adults in 3 different places. I am making just under 2.8 million (2,330 Euro) and have Tuesday and Thursday afternoons/evenings off. It's fits me perfectly as if I want to work harder I have the time and if I want to cut back then that is possible too.

Korea is definitely not for everybody. Koreans can be very direct. Some of my friends were a little big and Korean would tell them to their face! You have to be thick skinned that's for sure but it's very enjoyable for us and we will stay here for another 2 years at least enjoying the good life
Nice. That's certainly more than most teachers here would get.

It's interesting to hear what yourself, whistleblower and mesmark have to say. I guess it's right that Korea (or Japan) isn't initially the most attractive of destinations for the reasons you've stated, hence the juicy carrot. But you seem happy enough there.
I'm settled here now - school, house, wife and baby daughter so I don't imagine I'll be heading over to the far east. Pity though, it seems really interesting, at leat for a year or two.

Get TEFL qualified in Sardinia!:
Tefl in Sardinia