View Single Post
Unread Nov 17th, 2006, 05:46 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When to say 'no'.

Quote:
Quote Whistleblower
Anyhow, my son, who is both Korean and English, has had no trouble being excepted in society. He has started Kindgarten and is the most popular kid in school. Any strangers that see my son are naturally curious as well.
I live out further into the 'country' where foreigners are present but Japanese-America kids are still few in number. My children are all pretty popular and I'm sure they face racism troubles but it's how they deal with it that counts. I think it's more in their favor that they are unique.

I worry that my kids won't speak English enough (to the point that I might be an English Nazi) but they'll be fine. They speak English, just fine for now. If nec. I'll send them to America for a few months in summer or something and let them spend time with their family there. - - It will all work out in the end.

There are a lot of cultural difficulties to face and a foreign school system is hard to understand. I struggle with my kids starting in ti all the time. However, if you look at Korean adults or Japanese adults they are wonderful people. The schools system for all it's perceived flaws isn't doing that bad of a job