View Single Post
Unread Apr 27th, 2005, 02:59 am
Administrator

little sage is on a distinguished road

Fishead,

You have some really great games, or variations that I had never thought of. I wish you could post them individually so that each game would have its own thread. That would make less confusing to post variations, and easier to find.

I especially like your speed quiz game. Having prepared sets of words beforehand would be a much better way to generate a lot of English all on one topic. I have done something similar, but more random and so maybe less useful:

Have students go through their notes and pick out vocabulary words that they will be able to explain. Students write one word per square of paper, about 10 per student. You collect all the papers. Divide the class into 2 teams. Choose one student to come to the pool of words and pick one. Set the timer for, say, one minute. Have the student give hints without saying the word they've chosen. Whichever team says the word first gets the point. Play continues until the timer goes off. The game ends when every student has a chance to give hints.

I have another game I learned from a friend, I will post in a separate thread.

Last edited by little sage : Apr 29th, 2005 at 05:57 pm.