View Single Post
Unread Dec 20th, 2006, 11:38 pm
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Too Good to be True or an Honest Proposal

Hello folks,

I received an e-mail from a chap to teach his family the email contents are below:

Quote:
Email For Job Proposal

My name is Wilson Brown and I am married to Lilian. We are from
Portugal, working and residing in Nigeria on contract for (SHELL).

My wife and Children are not really good when it comes to speaking English hence we require an ESL Teacher to come and spend One year with us. You would teach my wife and my two kids how to speak English and some writing too. This is very important to me hence I would be offering to pay you $4500 every month.

You would have a Private Live-Out or Live-In Accomdation depending on your preference with Private Bathroom, SittingRoom and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a TelevisionSet, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone. If you can drive, we can make arrengment for that too.

You would take them in English Classes every evening. You would also have the weekends off .Weekends with us is very fun as we visit fun spots, go sightseeing and amusement parks. Do not worry about your travel arrangements as we would assist you in that regards when the time comes. I have attached our family picture for you.

I hope to hear from you in earnest.
Now I am not one for being lured into just taking any job that comes along, but this one made me sit and wonder: "Is this job real and how can I find out about it's authenticity?" What do you guys and gals think, is this job authentic or not?

Personally, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. So, I suppose this is a warning to those out there who are pretty new to teaching. Research the school etc before you sign any contract.

Martin