View Single Post
Unread Jan 10th, 2007, 07:40 am
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Termination of Employment

Hello and happy New Year all. I have started the year in such a positive mood that I decided to put in my notice to terminate my employment contract.

Well, I went back to the UK for a week over the Xmas period with some students and organised the whole schedule etc for the kids that were brave enough to come with me. However, I was also kind enough to purchase flight tickets with my employers to get them to learn English as well as experience life abroad. But, this backfired and the directors of my school are claiming some self right over the trip abroad. I.e., they would like to stake a claim on the finances. This got me so wound up that I put my notice in. It reconfirmed my suspicion that a little, not all, Institute Directors are greedy in Korea and don't appreciate any teacher's contribution.

Luckily I have been searching for employment for a while and have made various contacts, but I would like to know what you teachers out there what from a school when you decide to move on. Any pointers would be helpful.

Take care.