View Single Post
Unread Jan 13th, 2007, 12:42 pm
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Termination of Employment

Well, just to give, some of you who are interested, some news on this, I had a meeting with my management at the school and they made it pretty obvious that they didn't want me to leave. They wished for me to stay and organise another Summer Trip to the UK and give me more distance than before. I agreed for several reasons:

1. Living in Korea, you mentioned that you and your partner live in your own apartment. Well I would love to have the freedom you have and work freelance.

2. The whole debacle of leaving and the following argument made me think about work and life. Again, it wasn't time to leave on this basis.

3. I had settled quite well in the town and it would be hard for my family and myself as I have a CELTA Course. Although I put seven weeks notice in, it was not accepted and they wanted me to stay on (always a good way to negotiate your salary).

Anyways, I would like to thank the support I got from this forum as it has been a bl**dy stressful week and am pretty pi**ed at the moment. Meeting friends for a drink is always a good solution to relax. ;P