View Single Post
Unread Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:54 am
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CELTA Course in Korea

Ahh ... the weekend. No more getting to bed at 1:30am and waking up at 5:30am to get the train to Seoul. It has been a pretty busy week. The observed classes were more fine but I expected them to be more daunting. The people running the CELTA at the British Council seem to be doing a good job and are on top of things.

I have had three classes so far and all were planned pretty well without any major problems. The second week seems to be more concentrated on the learners as the first week was an introduction.

Nonetheless, when you observe some experienced teachers in the field it really is an eye opener. But I recommend those that really want to become professional teachers for adults, do this CELTA Course as it is really really good. The skills I have learnt this week cannot be beaten and are really invaluable.

Finally, I have a pretty relaxed weekend but have some assignments to complete. Apart from that, I am gonna take it easy as it has been a tiring week. Four hours sleep a night for five days takes its toll on you.