View Single Post
Unread Oct 27th, 2013, 04:50 am
eslHQ Member

sanjajerem is on a distinguished road
Default HELP PLS discipline 4-6 yos

Hi everybody,
I am rather new to teaching and I have a problem with discipline. I have 10 children from 4-6.5 and we speak the same mother tongue. First month was great. Their preschool teacher told me they really love English and they hug me when they see me etc.. Then I started having problems.Two boys can't stand still. Most of them touch what they are not supposed to touch. Then one boy is always complaining after the hello song that his tummy hurts and then just lies down then when it's convenient it stops hurting... last time several of them were having stomachaches when it was convenient for them. I have trouble explaining the game rules because some of them just don't listen.When we sit in the circle and I am showing a book or pictures some of them always come close to me after my futile repetitions to back up so that other children can see me too. We have a part when they fall asleep in one action song and when it's time to wake up there is always sb who refuse to do it with the hazard of sb being hurt,..I am afraid I'm going to lose the job because I have a real problem of teaching them anything! The last several classes were just me trying to run at least one part of the 45 min smoothly. I am trying to figure out what change after the first month that were great: there were less children-some of them being sick, another topic, and I don't know what else. I have classes at 15h 2 times a week and they have french classes for 1and a half hour every day in the morning, but this was also so the first month.At French classes they have 15 min break when they play freely, so two of the boys asked me why I don't allow them to play freely during my class.
I didn't have any penalties until now, but now I must think of sth and I am asking for some help and suggestions. HELP PLEASE! Thank you!
Sanja