View Single Post
Unread Jun 14th, 2007, 11:19 am
eslHQ Member

tefler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What games are suitable for adults?

Quote:
Quote ruthwickham
I have found that "Alibi" works well with adult groups. This is the one where you say a crime has been committed, and a person matching the description of one class member was seen at the scene. That person and some others in the class then have to establish an alibi. They leave the room (or go to a corner) for a few minutes to discuss in detail where they were and what they were doing during those hours. Then they return and the rest of the class is put into groups, one for each of the suspect group, and they question each person in turn, moving them around after about five minutes.
I find they love being the police, especially if they have previously had a turn at being questioned - the second go at this game us usually more lively than the first.
They are permitted up to five "mistakes" or discrepancies in their answers.
It always amuses me when the suspects start digging in their pockets offering money to the police ...
I love this game too and have used it many times in class. With lower level students I give them the attached worksheet to get them thinking about their alibis and to practice forming questions.
Attached Files
File Type: doc alibigame.doc (32.5 KB, 91 views)