eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Aug 23rd, 2015, 04:40 pm
eslHQ Member

umma_gamma is on a distinguished road
Default Umma Gamma - a word puzzle game for language learners (looking for feedback)

I'm currently trying to gain interest in a mobile word puzzle game I am developing called Umma Gamma!

The main premise of the game is that there will be multiple levels, each level containing numerous letter puzzle collages. The player must search for and find as many words as possible by combining the letters. Here is how it will look:

The game was inspired by my own scribblings on paper and then later on wood, as here:

I'm planning on launching this as a project on Kickstarter if I generate enough interest in the idea.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this might be something you would support? Do you have any ideas or input regarding the concept? Ideally, I would also want to create multiple language versions of the game, and any language learners would be able to play it as a challenge to test their skills.

Also, on the game's site, I'm offering a chance for 2 people to win a custom drawn letter board (as in the example above or in color) if they sign up for the email newsletter - what do you think? Would anyone be interested?

Umma Gamma | A mobile puzzle game for Android and iOS

https://www.facebook.com/ummagamma

Hope to hear your feedback!

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1zykl00.jpg (145.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg xdgprt.jpg (159.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by little sage : Aug 24th, 2015 at 07:55 am. Reason: images too large / break layout ~k
Unread Aug 25th, 2015, 09:47 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

aurays is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Umma Gamma - a word puzzle game for language learners (looking for feedback)

Hello umma_gamma,

I'm having a look at your website and your social accounts. I imagine that your are working hard on preparing the Kickstarter campaign and I wish the best on that.

From what I saw until now, there is a lot of information I need to read on your website to get to see how the app would really work. I would suggest you work on a quick video 20-30 seconds where you don't need to have animations and many levels, but that you easily see how you would play. It would simplify highly the explanation and it will be more attractive for your Kickstarter. It took me some time to really imagine how it would be to play...

I'm also missing some information on the team behind it. When looking for funding on Kickstarter, people really want to feel that they are making something with their money. Give a little more info, some pictures to catch me fast.

One other thing in my mind is that you should show more what benefit will your users get from playing it. It seems until now that you explain what it is and how the idea originated, but what about things that make me want to play your game and not the others in the market.

Hope the feedback helps! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to explain further
Unread Aug 25th, 2015, 12:26 pm
eslHQ Member

Default Re: Umma Gamma - a word puzzle game for language learners (looking for feedback)

Hey Aurays,

Thanks for your feedback!

It's very important to our development team and I really appreciate you taking the time to look over our website and provide feedback!

We are currently working on some more additional artwork, and a gameplay video is currently our priority. We've receive some good initial feedback and so we are actively coming up with more examples to show and present the game.

Sure! I will definitely add some information about our team right on the home page.

What do you think of the concept overall so far from what you have seen? Would this be something you might support in the future? Or do you feel you would need more information and a more visual presentation (in terms of the video) to actually decide if this is something you might support?

Thanks again! Look forward to hearing from you!
Unread Sep 3rd, 2015, 05:20 am
eslHQ Enthusiast

aurays is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Umma Gamma - a word puzzle game for language learners (looking for feedback)

Quote:
Quote umma_gamma View Post
Hey Aurays,

Thanks for your feedback!

It's very important to our development team and I really appreciate you taking the time to look over our website and provide feedback!

We are currently working on some more additional artwork, and a gameplay video is currently our priority. We've receive some good initial feedback and so we are actively coming up with more examples to show and present the game.

Sure! I will definitely add some information about our team right on the home page.

What do you think of the concept overall so far from what you have seen? Would this be something you might support in the future? Or do you feel you would need more information and a more visual presentation (in terms of the video) to actually decide if this is something you might support?

Thanks again! Look forward to hearing from you!
Hi Umma Gamma Team,

I'm happy to provide some feedback, at the moment I would say that I need a little bit more information on what the game would feel like. The colours and the layout are very attractive but I still need some video that shows me how the gameplay experience will be like.

Looking forward to hearing about the progress!
Unread Oct 3rd, 2015, 09:15 am
eslHQ Member

Default Re: Umma Gamma - a word puzzle game for language learners (looking for feedback)

Please support our project on Kickstarter!

SUPPORT OUR KICKSTARTER HERE