eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   ESL Games and Activities (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/)
-   -   Future perfect and future continuous activities (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/future-perfect-future-continuous-activities-3733/)

kozmikblues Mar 14th, 2007 10:15 am

Future perfect and future continuous activities

Hi, I just discovered this site. I have to teach the future perfect and the future continuous to my pupils and I was wondering if someone knows any funny game or activity to do with them after the explanation.
Thanks in advance.
Kozmikblues

djloopwrex Apr 22nd, 2008 07:14 pm

Re: Future perfect and future continuous activities

Thought this up while working on the future tense unit of my TEFL course.

Your Teacher's Evil Twin ~ I have an evil twin named Jonas whose life is completely different from mine. He's evil, selfish, not as intelligent, and not as healthy. He has many bad habits, and he is highly overpaid by the evil oil company for which he works. Use the Future Perfect Tense to talk about things that will have been doing up to certain times today, this evening, this month, this year, and years in the future. Work together in groups of 3-4 and sum up the coming days and years of my evil twin.

By 9pm this evening Jonas will have been drinking cheap vodka from a plastic bottle for 3 hours.
By the end of this month Jonas will have been wearing a cast on his wrist for 2 weeks. (He'll break it tonight in a fight at the bar.)
By the end of this year Jonas will have been stealing money from company accounts for more than six months.

Haven't tried this in a class yet!
Let me know how it works out...

djloopwrex Apr 22nd, 2008 07:26 pm

Here's another idea that just hit me.

Workdays ~ Students are given a list of different people and their professions and asked to single out times of the day during which each person would be well into his or her shift. They then describe what each person will have been busy doing up to that point in the day.

Aaron is a bartender. By midnight he'll have been serving drinks for more than 4 hours.
Sandra is a lawyer. By Friday she'll have been preparing for a murder trial for more than a month.
Bill is a gourmet chef. By 5pm today, he'll have been slaving over a hot stove for more than 6 hours.

current elliott Nov 19th, 2009 11:43 am

:) great idea. Simple and gets the job done thanks very much.

Avanza Jan 11th, 2013 06:52 am

N.B. the above posts are not using the Future Perfect or the Future Continuous. Rather the Future Perfect Continuous, which is a separate tense. Please refer tothis website to clarify: English Grammar | LearnEnglish | British Council | Future continuous & Future perfect