eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 6th, 2009, 11:59 pm
auma b

auma bolton is on a distinguished road
Default best game for teaching who is she/he?

I spy with my little eye, describing children in the class is the best game I've found for teaching elementry children how to ask and respond to the question who is she/he?

Pre-teach the class how to say 'I spy with my little eye', then describe a member of the class (hair colour, clothes, whether they have glasses etc). The first child to guess correctly and answer in a full sentence comes to the front and describes one of their classmates.

After the first couple of minutes the class can play this almost completely by themselves, they all speak and have to be persuaded to leave the classroom at the end. Another bonus is that they correct themselves pretty sharpish if they get he or she mixed up as none of their classmates will put up with being labelled as the wrong gender.
Unread Oct 19th, 2009, 12:11 am
eslHQ Member

henchman21 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: best game for teaching who is she/he?

Quiz: He is Big, He is Green, He comes from the ocean. Ss guess anytime...He is Godzilla! Choose any famous person or character. Have pictures of the answers.

Do close-ups on characters/teachers and put the pics up on the blackboard. You can use photoshop to blur the photos etc. Ss have to guess who is she/he?

Make face masks of famous characters and make 3 hints like in the first idea. Get a student to put on the mask and another to sit on the other side of a curtain. The masked student will say the hints A through C and if the student can guess at A the get 5 points for their team. B 3 points. C 2 points and teacher hint 1 point. They go crazy for this game.