eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jun 14th, 2005, 10:16 pm
eslHQ Member

me-cook-salami is on a distinguished road
Default My new Bingo (tic tac toe) Style

I started playing BINGO (tic Tac Toe) differently and I have really been happy with the results.

1. I just assign the kids to A or B team. They don't move from their seats and I go around the class and give alternate As and Bs. If it is an odd number I put two students together to form one "team member".

2. I make the Bingo chart on the board. It can be to make a sentence with what ever words are in the boxes or a memory excerise...the beauty of Bingo is that it can be anything!

3. This is what I do differently now, I just go around the class in order giving each student a chance to answer. If say, A-team wins, I keep the same info on the board, I don't change a thing, A-team gets a point for winning a round and then the next person in the class (a B-team member) would start the new game.

I really like this because, even if only a few kids can do it in the first round, everyone gets it by the last.

If a student doesn't know an answer, I give them 5 seconds or so and then move on. What happens is that they hear all the answers and start to figure it out by the next time around.

I love the simplicity of this, you just play the same game over and over until everyone gets it...and it's fun enough to play over and over.

Does this make sense???

matt

www.hagwonchecklist.com