eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   ESL Games and Activities (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/)
-   -   Kindergarten Game of the Week (not necessarily a weekly thing). (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/kindergarten-game-week-not-necessarily-weekly-thing-12114/)

davidsensei Apr 13th, 2009 10:23 am

Kindergarten Game of the Week (not necessarily a weekly thing).

1 Attachment(s)
So I wrote a book on games to use in kindergartens, got it up to 101, and my computer died. My last update was at 85, and I've been trying to work back up to 101, but I kind of lost my motivation. Since it's a shame to let it go to waste, I thought I'd post some here. These will be in no particular order, and basically on a whim!

First game - Circle Train. Recommended age group: 4 and up. As with most of my games, it's compatible with any theme. Best in large groups.

English-coach Apr 15th, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Kindergarten Game of the Week (not necessarily a weekly thing).

Don't give up on your book! Just put it aside for a while. I know what it is like to work on something and then loose half of it. It is hard to bare. All that hard work lost! Don't loose it forever. Just put your book aside for a while and then come back to it when you are relaxed and ready to get back to it. I hope you don't give up. :)

mesmark Apr 16th, 2009 03:08 am

Good luck with getting to 101.

You could also starta blog and work off there.

One thing I'd recommend is putting your name or something at the bottom of the games or somewhere on the page. If you put up a non-descript file who knows where it might land ...

Not that it will end up anywhere bad, but someone might collect your 101 games and make themselves a nice little ebook to sell.

mesmark Apr 16th, 2009 03:09 am

nice game, btw :)

anniesensei Apr 23rd, 2009 08:17 am

Thanks a lot. Nice game can't wait for the next one.

davidsensei Apr 25th, 2009 12:58 am

1 Attachment(s)
Second game - Race the Pass. Recommended age group: 4 and up. Best in large groups.

davidsensei Jun 28th, 2009 05:33 am

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I play the old classic "Doggy, Doggy, Where's Your Bone?" using 4 flashcards and a bone.

davidsensei Jun 30th, 2009 02:37 am

1 Attachment(s)
One of my favorite games for large classes, aged 4 and up: Retreat!

aurora3140 Jul 9th, 2009 01:14 am

Just wanted to say sorry about your book and it's so kind of you to post these games. I'm always looking for ideas for my kindergarten classes. I tried "Race the Pass" at a small daycare and the kids loved it! I can't wait to try the others.

davidsensei Jul 10th, 2009 05:33 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. My company changed its lesson format, so a lot of these games have been rendered useless for me, but hopefully people out there can make use of them. This was my favorite game - Mousetrap. Recommended age group: 4 and up. Best in large groups.

davidsensei Jul 16th, 2009 10:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)
This is possibly the simplest group game for kindergarten classes! A variation on the classic game "What Time Is It, Mr. Wolf?" that uses (a minimum of) two flashcards. Recommended age group: 3 and up.

scheyda Dec 24th, 2009 06:24 pm

wooow these are fantastic!! go on davidsensei ;)
btw u r really kind to share these ideas with us
im a new teacher at a kindergarten and so nervous S:
thx again!

bread_baker Dec 31st, 2009 12:05 am

Davidsensei,
Don't give up on your book! And yes, put your name on everything! You may also want to make one or more copies of your files on CD's or flash drives to protect yourself from any more data loss.
You will probably get inspired again, so don't give up! :)

subzero Jan 12th, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks so much for the games! I love the graphics. It makes it so much easier to understand the directions. Don't give up on your book!

mesmark Jan 12th, 2010 10:21 am

great games. Thanks for sharing.

learnmore Jan 21st, 2010 10:39 pm

Great game!.Thanks for sharing :)

catattack Jan 22nd, 2010 09:21 am

Great games!
Keep up the great work, I am impressed with the PDF's and the details in the pictures. Much easier to follow the instructions.