eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 16th, 2009, 04:30 am
eslHQ Member

weblegend is on a distinguished road
Default Share some music games :D

Have you try any online english music games? Found a list of music games that you dont need to have console to play

Like : http://news.bbgsite.com/content/2009...stival,1.shtml

I haven’t got time try all of them, only played Rock Free which is awesome. you could create custom rocker avatars, open a rock club and rock battle against other people. It should help to kill some boring times
Unread Dec 1st, 2009, 08:17 am
eslHQ Zealot

Pix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Share some music games :D

I checked out your link but I could not see how to test the game.

For teachers reading this post because they were looking for games to use in class using music, rather than computer games, here is an idea for you below. This one is for young children as it is taken from my preschool resource, however it's also great to use music as a background to games in the primary classroom from time to time.

Catch me if you can
Materials: an item such as a scarf, but it can be anything.

The children are seated in a circle and one child is on the outside of the circle holding an object. You can vary the object and the name of the game but the principle is always the same. For example you could give the child outside the circle a scarf saying that it is a squirrel's tail and he is a little squirrel. While everyone sings the song the child on the outside runs around the circle and before the song is over he or she places the squirrel's tail behind another child's back.

When the song is over all the children look to see if they have the tail and the one who has it gets up and chases the squirrel round the circle. The squirrel must run round and sit in the child's place who is chasing him. The child left standing is the next squirrel and you start the song again.

The children often hang onto the tail until the song is over. That's OK. When the verse ends the child must leave the tail with someone before you count to three.
Instead of a squirrel's tail you can of course have any animal's tail, or you can use a piece of paper and say it is a letter that must be delivered to a friend, or use any item you have to hand.

For songs written especially for young children learning English as a foreign language check out my songs page, where you may listen to samples to see if you like the music.

The first CD comes with a 26 PDF activity book that describes how to present each song, how to teach it, what to do while the music plays and ideas to use afterwards to reinforce and revise it. In that book there is a selection of games for use with songs that can be applied to any song.

ESL Songs for Children

Kind regards
Shelley

Last edited by Pix : Jul 3rd, 2022 at 09:33 am.