eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   ESL Games and Activities (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/)
-   -   where to find translated lyrics? (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/esl-games-activities/where-find-translated-lyrics-15225/)

sophiie Jan 25th, 2010 08:56 am

where to find translated lyrics?

hello!

I'm an english language assistant in a french lycée and my teacher has asked me to prepare some work on the song 'I feel good (I got you)' for a lesson that we're doing together tomorrow. the part I'm finding difficult is that she wants me to provide a translation of the lyrics into french.

can anyone recommend any websites that provide translated songs / versions of well-known english songs in different languages? I've been looking on google to no avail and I'm very hesitant to translate it myself as my french isn't good enough for me to be completely confident that I won't make any errors!

thank you for any help! :)

bread_baker Jan 25th, 2010 02:39 pm

Re: where to find translated lyrics?

Put this in Google:
translate English to French
In the results you'll find some translation websites.
As you know, English has a lot of slang and many idioms. Be very careful if the lyrics contain any slang or idioms.

sophiie Jan 25th, 2010 04:45 pm

the only problem is that online translators tend to be extremely untrustworthy! but thanks for the suggestion :)
my teacher has said now that I don't have to have a translated copy for all of them, just for me to refer to - in which case I can translate it myself.

:rolleyes:

though it would be very interesting to know in general if anyone has heard of a site that lists lyrics for songs translated into numerous languages!

Beatrix Jan 25th, 2010 04:48 pm

why don't you try typing parts of the English text of the song and some parts of it you've translated into french into google and see what it will find?

this should be a sure way to find all french translations of the song that exist on the net:confused:

sophiie Jan 27th, 2010 08:15 am

thanks! I didn't manage to find a version online, but it didn't matter in the end. :)

michèle 2 Jan 28th, 2010 09:22 am

Here's a site that translated the song " I feel good" into French
James Brown - I Feel Good :: parole de chanson :: traduction :: musique
:)

michèle 2 Jan 28th, 2010 09:35 am

Here's my translation
Je me sens bien, je savais que cela m'arriverais.
C'est si bon de t'avoir
Je suis comme le sucre et l'épice
C'est si bon de t'avoir
Quand je te tiens dans mes bras
Je sais que je ne peux faire aucun mal
et quand je te tiens dans mes bras,
mon amour te protégera
Je suis comme le sucre et l'épice
c'est si bon de t'avoir

Hope it helps

michèle 2 Jan 28th, 2010 09:44 am

[Je sais que je ne peux faire aucun mal
I know that I can't do no wrong
you can also say
Je sais que je ne peux faire aucune erreur.