eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 28th, 2006, 01:52 am
SimplyESL

simplyesl is on a distinguished road
Default Photos!

I don't know if anyone has an online photo album, but I use this site: http://www.ringo.com
You have to sign up to be able to view photos.
Let's share photos! here's my email address (you need it to invite me as a friend to view my photos): mc_jeeves_2010@hotmail.com
Unread Dec 2nd, 2006, 01:17 am
Administrator

little sage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Photos!

I like the idea of sharing photos because there are people on this site living in so many different countries. I also like the looks of the site you put a link to, but I've already registered at so many different websites that I know I'll be lazy about adding to an album elsewhere... Sorry, I'm just lazy.

What about starting a collection of photos here? If you think of a theme, I'll add a photo to the thread. What kind of photos do you have in mind?

Personally, I'd like to see photos of what classrooms are like elsewhere in the world, or outdoor photos of mountains/forests/oceans/parks, or maybe "Supermarkets Around the World". Souvenir Shops Across the Globe could also be interesting... What do you think?
Unread Dec 2nd, 2006, 09:43 am
SimplyESL

Yea, a themed picture collection could be really cool. As for me, I'm now back in Australia for a year or so. There might be somethings here that you haven't seen....

Australia has a lot of big things; like the big prawn, the big banana, the big pineapple etc.

Here's a picture of something (that isn't normally) big. This photo was taken at one of the gardens in Suzhou, which is about an hours train ride from Shanghai.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04118.JPG (185.6 KB, 7 views)
Unread Dec 2nd, 2006, 06:58 pm
Administrator

Quote:
Quote simplyesl
Australia has a lot of big things; like the big prawn, the big banana, the big pineapple etc.
I know what you mean, Canada has a big nickel, a big ... gee I can't remember the other things.

Quote:
Quote simplyesl
Here's a picture of something (that isn't normally) big. This photo was taken at one of the gardens in Suzhou, which is about an hours train ride from Shanghai.
Your photo is hilarious! I will definitely have to go hunting for something to match this. I have one idea in my neighbourhood. Stay tuned.
Unread Dec 11th, 2006, 08:44 am
Administrator

OK, finally I've come up with something to match the "Big" theme...

Here's a photo of The Big Beer in our neighbourhood. Not an uncommon site, so maybe the "The" isn't warranted. "A Big Beer" in our neighbourhood, then. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big_beer.jpg (133.3 KB, 2 views)
Unread Dec 12th, 2006, 03:33 pm
SimplyESL

That's a big beer!