eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 16th, 2006, 11:33 pm
eslHQ Zealot

jenniferp is on a distinguished road
Default Loving each new experience!

So, yesterday I went to my very first baseball game here in South Korea and I LOVED it!
Ok, to those of you from the Americas, that might not be much of a wowee, but I'm English and not much of a sports watcher.
I loved that there were young & old couples, families, groups of friends; everyone really and such a happy atmosphere. Once I had the rules explained I was hooked.

Here's a question. What have you tried overseas that has been a new experience that you didn't think you would like but are now hooked on?

(Keep it clean! . )
Unread Sep 17th, 2006, 12:33 am
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Loving each new experience!

Quote:
Quote jenniferp
So, yesterday I went to my very first baseball game here in South Korea and I LOVED it!
Ok, to those of you from the Americas, that might not be much of a wowee, but I'm English and not much of a sports watcher.
I loved that there were young & old couples, families, groups of friends; everyone really and such a happy atmosphere. Once I had the rules explained I was hooked.
i love going to the korean baseball games as well. in the states, baseball tickets cost a lot of money. here they are just $5-8. and they don't over price all the refreshments and food. but the best thing is, you can just bring in your own food and beer if you want. that is the best part!

Quote:
Quote jenniferp
Here's a question. What have you tried overseas that has been a new experience that you didn't think you would like but are now hooked on?)
this would have to be, hands down, karaoke or noraebang. i am addicted to it. we often finish off an evening with an hour or 3 at noraebang. never knew i would have liked that...
Unread Sep 17th, 2006, 01:02 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road

You can bring your own food and beer?? That's sweet! Make a trip to the Family Mart before the game and you're away!

As I'm from Ireland I have never been into baseball or even watched a game! But I watched a game or two of football (soccer to you Americans )

Here's a couple of pictures from Lyon vs PSV (when Lee Young-Pyo was still on the team). Game finished 1-1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0968.JPG (385.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Soccer.JPG (413.6 KB, 2 views)
Unread Sep 17th, 2006, 06:10 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road

I don't really watch baseball on TV but I always enjoyed going out to a game. The atmosphere is really nice. It's like a picnic with entertainment! But, like Eric said if you're going to a game in the states remember to bring your full paycheck!