eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/general-chat/)
-   -   What is the quickest/easiest way to get fired from an ELS language center in Asia? (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/general-chat/what-quickest-easiest-way-get-fired-els-language-center-asia-326/)

Unregistered Jan 30th, 2006 01:55 am

What is the quickest/easiest way to get fired from an ELS language center in Asia?

What is the quickest/easiest way to get fired from an ELS language center in Asia?

My friend wants to know how to get booted out of 1 year standard contract.

Eric Jan 30th, 2006 02:06 am

Re: What is the quickest/easiest way to get fired from an ELS language center in Asia?

Why not handle the situation professionally and follow the procedures for terminating the contract early. Most contracts will state that if the teacher wants to quit or the school wants to fire you, they must give you 2 months notice. So regardless if your friend quits or gets fired, it's still going to take 2 months (or whatever is stated in the contract).

additionally, another benefit of quitting (versus being fired) is that it doesnt reflect poorly on you. if you get fired, that may haunt you for a few years.

eric

mesmark Jan 30th, 2006 10:56 pm

Re: What is the quickest/easiest way to get fired from an ELS language center in Asia?

Contracts are for the benifit of the employee not the employer. Your friend is not legally tied into any obligation. S/he can quit any time but may forfit some of the benifits agreed to associated with the contract. You're friend will also lose their work visa and need a new job immediately or have to return home.

As Eric said I would just give notice and work out the last 4 weeks or so.

i2i Feb 1st, 2006 06:13 am

i saw this same post at lonelyplanet.com (but no replies). what answers did you receive from them?

anyway, i agree with what's already been said.

Dr T Mar 7th, 2006 08:23 pm

Quote:

Quote Eric
Why not handle the situation professionally and follow the procedures for terminating the contract early. Most contracts will state that if the teacher wants to quit or the school wants to fire you, they must give you 2 months notice. So regardless if your friend quits or gets fired, it's still going to take 2 months (or whatever is stated in the contract).

additionally, another benefit of quitting (versus being fired) is that it doesnt reflect poorly on you. if you get fired, that may haunt you for a few years.

eric

Either that or come to work drunk every day, flirt with your students and teach them nothing but profanity. Not only will it surely resullt in dismissal, it will be a hell of a lot of fun!

Remind your friend that washing and shaving are no longer necessary - Urinating in clothes can accelerate the process dramatically. Just don't do anything illegal.