eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Jan 5th, 2007, 05:50 am
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default What'd ya do?

What did everyone get up to during the holidays?

Me? Oh, funny you should ask...

My wife and I had a very relaxing and low-key Christmas at our house. A little wine, a little cheese, a brutal game of Scrabble... I'm officially done with that game now.

New Years we spent the weekend up at my old manager's family's house in Gangwon-Do in the mountains. It was super nice. They cooked an unbelievable amount of food and it was cool to spend a holiday with a Korean family to see what they do. And there was no Scrabble to be found so I was pleased about that.

And you?
Unread Jan 5th, 2007, 06:20 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What'd ya do?

I didn't have much of a holiday as I was working but at least I had Christmas Day off! Got a nice package from home with lots of goodies including Christmas Cake slices and mince pies so we had those after the Christmas dinner. The wife found some Turkey legs which where precooked on an internet shopping mall so we tucked into those with potatoes and handmade sausages. After that we watched some Christmas movies on the tele and generally took it easy.
Unread Jan 6th, 2007, 11:35 am
Clive Hawkins

clivehawkins is on a distinguished road

I was in the mountains of sardinia freezing my little socks off. To compensate I ate and drank as tradition dictates.

"A little wine, a little cheese, a brutal game of Scrabble... I'm officially done with that game now."

I even played cards with my wife's uncle who is a bit difficult at the best of times. I left the table having been called 'useless' and being told 'you don't know what you're doing'. So much for family fun at Christmas. You won't catch me at the card table next year when Uncle Mario's in town! :-)

Get TEFL qualified in Sardinia!:
Tefl in Sardinia
Unread Jan 6th, 2007, 10:23 pm
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road

His name is Mario????

That's why he is a bit difficult. He's tired after helping Lugi to save that princess Super Mario Bothers was the first game I ever got back in 1989 I think. Brings a tear to the eye
Unread Jan 7th, 2007, 05:43 am
Sue

susan53 is on a distinguished road

I was in Germany - we had an incredible amount of food too, but it was me who cooked it all. Turkey, Christmas pudding, mince pies, crackers the lot - the last three bought in Milan at considerably higher prices than Tesco's probably charge. Good job it's only once a year ...
Christmas morning was the only cold day I've had in either country this year. It dropped 11 degrees overnight. We went for a walk and took some great photos of the trees which were completely iced over. They're on my blog, The Balcony Garden - link below if you want to see them.
Unread Jan 8th, 2007, 07:57 am
eslHQ Addict

michèle 2 is on a distinguished road

[quote=Eric]What did everyone get up to during the holidays?

After a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with daughter, boyfriend and grandparents. My husband and I spent New Year's Eve at friends in the country.
The first drink ( called apéritif in France) was with a seafood platter in the sitting room in front of the fire place. Then we danced before having the first course which was oysters with a special sausage called " Crepinette" ( local food in Charente Maritime, a bit strange for me! ) before the second course which was snails ( Yes ,some people like snails!!) Then we danced again before having some homemade goose liver ( made by our friend who is a native of Senegal ) Then danced again before a delicious fish, played a game before cheese ( yes , the fifties end sixties are very young people !! ) danced again before my christmas cake ( made three weeks before Christmas!! ) And finished eating around 4.30 pm
Fortunately for us it's ONCE a year!!!
Unread Jan 8th, 2007, 11:11 am
Sue

susan53 is on a distinguished road

How sensible to get up and do things between courses rather than just eating solidly. Especially as you've got to spin it out till midnight anyway ...