eslHQ

eslHQ (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Where is everyone? (http://www.eslhq.com/forums/esl-forums/general-chat/where-everyone-9425/)

Eric Aug 14th, 2008 08:14 am

Where is everyone?

Did everyone go on vacation? Mark? Sue? Chris? Or did everyone go to Beijing?

Eric

Eric18 Aug 17th, 2008 12:50 pm

Re: Where is everyone?

The Olympics kidnap the best.

I'm still here.

Eric Aug 17th, 2008 01:29 pm

Great! I guess it's a busy time of year for everyone! :)

Beatrix Aug 24th, 2008 11:27 am

Everzbody is probably on holiday. :)
Just dropped by to tell you that I passed the Celta!!

Eric Aug 24th, 2008 07:13 pm

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! :)

susan53 Aug 25th, 2008 02:29 am

Congrats Beatrix! Hope you also found it stimulating. When you're ready to do the DELTA let me know :D

I've just got back from two weeks at the sea, at a small village called Eraclea Mare just east of Venice - two weeks of sun, sand, swimming, biking, riding, tennis, long walks, aerobics on the beach..... I'm now back home for a rest.

And in two weeks I didn't even see a computer. My son had withdrawal symptoms, but I sneakily enjoyed it. Ah well, back to the grind :(

michèle 2 Sep 2nd, 2008 08:31 am

Hi everyone,
:)I'm back to Paris after a four-week break in the south west of France ( did a lot of walking, cut the grass, swam in the ocean and relaxed in a deckchair under a pine tree thinking about various scripts (role-plays) for my future English students.
( one of them asked me to write a script between a lawyer and a married couple who want to divorce, could be funny!!!
We've been trying to sell our house near Paris for a couple of months now without any success. The housing situation in France is not very good. We do hope it gets better in a near future.
Children in France are back to school today.

Eric Sep 2nd, 2008 08:45 am

Welcome back, Michèle!

Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation! Do you have any pics to share?

mesmark Sep 3rd, 2008 05:15 pm

No vacation for me. Our house was finished at the end of May so we've been moving in and getting settled.

The summer flew by as it normally does. I had 1 full week off and I spent it visiting friends and taking the kids out to here and there.

HUE Sep 7th, 2008 10:55 pm

I had a one month vacation with the folks in Chicago. Fantastic. My daughter's English really improved, as did my wife's. And I got to work on Heads Up English quite a bit. I'm feeling relaxed for now... let's see how long it lasts!

michèle 2 Sep 17th, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks Eric, Here some pictures:

C:\Documents and Settings\Formation\Mes documents\Image Transfer\2008-09-06

michèle 2 Sep 17th, 2008 12:04 pm

I guess I haven't posted the right info to post pictures. :doh:

Eric Sep 17th, 2008 03:25 pm

Quote:

Quote michèle 2 (Post 17470)
I guess I haven't posted the right info to post pictures. :doh:

Hi,

Try clicking the 'Manage Attachments' button below the text box that you reply in. You can attach some photos to your post that way.

Here are some instructions.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Eric

michèle 2 Sep 18th, 2008 02:40 am

Hi Eric,
I've tried to post 5 pictures following the instructions in the manage attachements ( upload file from your computer)
my photos are (file type JPG) and upload of file failed for the 5 pictures. Perhaps it comes from my computer. I'll tried later on.
If it doesn't work I'll use my husband's computer.
Michèle

Eric Sep 19th, 2008 09:50 am

Hi Michèle,

My guess is that it probably failed because the file size (Kb's or Mb's) was too large. Do you know how big they are?

Thanks,
Eric

michèle 2 Sep 20th, 2008 07:24 am

Hi Eric
Yes, you're right. I've checked one and it was 2.39Mo ( actually i've no idea what " Mo" means!!!:doh:) What I know is that I have to reduce the size and the quality of the picture but I don't know how to do it!!! So I have to wait my daughter's instructions or my husband who is away at the moment to post the 5 photos I wanted to share with you ( The Gironde estuary which is the most beautiful estuary in Europe )

Beatrix Sep 20th, 2008 10:19 am

Geat Michelle! I would like to see them too, I have never been to France, but I would really like to go there:(

clivehawkins Sep 21st, 2008 02:03 am

Hi guys,
Nice to be back after a long, relaxing summer.
Finding it VERY hard to get back into the swing of things though. :(

mesmark Sep 21st, 2008 07:43 pm

Quote:

Quote clivehawkins (Post 17540)
Finding it VERY hard to get back into the swing of things though. :(

I only had a week off and have been back at for 5 weeks now. Yet, I'm still having a hard time getting back in the swing of things!

Never fear, though. Halloween is just around the corner! That ought to kick me into gear :becky:

clivehawkins Sep 22nd, 2008 03:06 pm

:redface: OK, now i feel guilty! I suppose the longer you have off, the harder it is to get back into it.

Then again, who needs time off when it's pumpkin carving time just around the corner? Anything planned? I really will try to do something with the kids this year as I've drastically cut down on my classroom hours this year, so should have some more time to come up with some sort of effort.

mesmark Sep 23rd, 2008 12:30 am

Yeah, I have 19 pumpkins sitting in the gargage and I have new pro carving tools ordered.

I don't think they're all going to make it to Halloween ...

donpaulo Sep 24th, 2008 02:12 am

I never left, but we are going to EU in November and to Manhattan in December :)

huzzah

thanks for the great site, it rocks

michèle 2 Nov 11th, 2008 05:21 am

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the Gironde estuary . Sorry for the delay posting them. The Gironde estuary is one of the most beautiful estuary in Europe and some unscrupulous industrialists want to build a methane harbour on one bank of the Gironde; most people living in the area are fighting against that. we all do hope the estuary remains unspoilt.

mesmark Nov 11th, 2008 06:09 am

Michèle, the place looks beautiful. It must have been a nice holiday.

EngliPatrick Nov 11th, 2008 06:45 am

No joke, it makes me wanna jump ship in Japan RIGHT NOW! Mostly for the fact it's 6C where I'm living.

angelinadavid84 Jan 6th, 2009 11:38 pm

I guess every one went on vacation.... but i am back buddy....