eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Dec 5th, 2007, 02:05 pm
eslHQ Member

hsouter is on a distinguished road
Default Support ESL but Hoping to Use Resources for Teaching Endangered Language

Taanshi, hello!

Although I am not an ESL teacher, I am interested in teaching languages--endangered languages, one in particular called "Michif". There are only a very few sites with free clip art (fee-free, royalty-free, in the public domain) that can be used for this purpose. I am hoping that the art used in worksheets and flashcards is in the public domain. (Administrator please advise!) I am hoping to be able to publish pedagogical materials on not-for-profit basis and do not need to get stuck with any legal hassles.... If any members have ideas or advice for me, please contact me!

Kihchi-maarsii! Many thanks!

Heather
Unread Dec 5th, 2007, 03:32 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Support ESL but Hoping to Use Resources for Teaching Endangered Language

Hi Heather,

The flashcards and images on eslHQ are not from the public domain. Sorry!
Unread Dec 8th, 2007, 08:11 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Support ESL but Hoping to Use Resources for Teaching Endangered Language

Quote:
Quote hsouter View Post
...There are only a very few sites with free clip art (fee-free, royalty-free, in the public domain) that can be used for this purpose. I am hoping that the art used in worksheets and flashcards is in the public domain. (Administrator please advise!) I am hoping to be able to publish pedagogical materials on not-for-profit basis and do not need to get stuck with any legal hassles....
Heather - if you want to post anything on the web, you need provide the materials yourself or license them appropriately.

That will save you a lot of time. You don't want to spend hours upon hours making something only to have the copyright owners contact your server and have the whole site taken down.
Unread Dec 9th, 2007, 12:47 am
eslHQ Member

hsouter is on a distinguished road

Taanshi! Kichi-maarsii por ta respons! Many thanks for your response!

I am aware of the need to respect all IP rights and try my utmost to do so. The administrator (Thanks, Eric!) has explained to me that the clip art on the eslHQ is NOT in the publish domain, so publishing work using it is not possible. That's OK. I will continue to look for resources (both no-strings attached clip art and the money to commision an artist to do artwork) to further the cause of Michif language revitalization. Onwards and upward (or inside out and through)!

Eekoshi.
Heather Souter