eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Dec 10th, 2010, 05:05 pm
eslHQ Member

jakda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 101 Ways To Use Your Whiteboard - the challenge

53 - Use happy and sad faces. In classes of young students you can draw two faces at opposite ends. Like this..

Pablo
Jessica

Sara

Pablo and Jessica are behaving well and Sara has done something wrong. I was dubious when someone told me to do this but it works very well. My students are always trying to get a happy face and their bahaviour improves when you give them a sad face.

Don't overuse the sad face, if you do, it soon loses it's power!
Unread Dec 20th, 2010, 10:33 am
eslHQ Member

nikole.957 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote mesmark View Post
17 - It's good for banging your head against when frustrated. It makes a big noise and doesn't hurt so much.

18 - A place for students to write homework answers. Then you can verify the answers are correct and let the students check each others work. Students will then have done all of the work - writing the answers and marking the homework
(In all seriousness, it's good for them to do this not just you the teacher all the time.)

(19 - my hands don't get chalky.)
(20 - my clothes don't get chalky.)

To the next person - the last 2 aren't really uses but votes for a whiteboard, so choose to count them if you wish. You be the judge.
You keep track of students who borrow classroom materials. Have them sign their names, what they borrowed and when it's due back. Then, when they return it, they can erase their name. It's a great reminder to them to return the materials without you having to ask them about it every day!

Unread Jan 20th, 2011, 04:39 pm
eslHQ Member

makaoschool is on a distinguished road

54. I draw a simple picture showing the weather and every time at the beginning of the lesson ask them "What's the weather like?" I they still don't know the vocabulary I tell them and ask them to repeat. (also do the same with the date and day of the week)

55. Write " the disappearing word" - a long (if you are not in the mood short) word that you slowly erase, letter by letter, every time they misbehave.