eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Feb 23rd, 2011, 06:17 am
eslHQ Member

roja123 is on a distinguished road
Wink Freelance teacher's bag!

I teach private classes of just 1 or 2 students and now I'm starting to take on more students. Up until now I have kept a lot of information in my head in terms of lesson topics, assessment, areas in need of refreshing, etc.

Now that I'm getting busier I think I need to start creating more of a paper trail for myself so I make sure I keep on top of it all! I found a really useful looking daily plan on here in the forms section and I'm going to try making adaptable assessment forms. What kind of diaries / papers do you use if you're a freelance teacher? Do you carry it all around with you?

Also! Would love to know how you keep track of notes, vocabulary, whatever crops up during lessons. I tend to use post-its and record what I need afterwards, but maybe someone here has a more efficient way...?!
Unread Feb 24th, 2011, 12:31 am
eslHQ Zealot

bread_baker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Freelance teacher's bag!

I use a computer heavily. I try to update my notes in the computer within 24 hours of the class meeting.
My computer is highly organized with folders, subfolders, sub-subfolders, etc.
Unread Feb 24th, 2011, 05:14 am
eslHQ Member

roja123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks bread_baker. Do you bring a laptop to class as well or just keep track of everything at home?
Unread Feb 24th, 2011, 05:56 pm
eslHQ Enthusiast

tinyteachinthemaking is on a distinguished road

I 'm old school and tend to write lesson plans by hand in a note book. Although I do use my laptop for extra activities such as lesson plans and adapted material from the net.
Unread Feb 26th, 2011, 10:00 pm
SimplyESL

simplyesl is on a distinguished road

i think using the computer is good for long term records, but having at least a "cheat sheet" that covers the most recent topics makes it easier too.
Unread Feb 28th, 2011, 06:37 pm
eslHQ Zealot

bread_baker is on a distinguished road

I don't use a laptop during class time. My laptop is too valuable and I don't want to be concerned about safety. I create my lessons in the laptop. After a term ends, I look at all its lessons and decide which ones I may want to use in the future. I put those in a folder with the name of the term and the year, such as Fall 2010. All other lessons I delete.